start your exciting career as a writer & social media marketer
Are you a natural writer, eager to expand your skills and learn about the ins and outs of digital marketing and social media?
As a writing and SEO apprentice at INKFISH, you will need to be hungry for knowledge, and able to learn quickly under pressure. You will have to be committed to communication, research, writing and meeting deadlines. Using your authentic voice, enthusiasm and unique creative angles, you will create written content for a wide range of companies and platforms. You will form part of an online team, creating professionally written content that will benefit your writing portfolio, whilst learning how to use social media and SEO effectively for marketing purposes.
The INKFISH company culture is welcoming and helpful. An INKFISH apprenticeship is worth it! You grow and discover many possibilities.
Tariro Shonhai, writing apprentice
As a writing, social media and SEO apprentice you may be expected to:
- Write, research and structure information according to specific and pre-defined topics.
- Deliver work on time.
- Creatively write without any reference and deliver unique writing for similar jobs.
- Basic site optimisation as well as Yoast and other types of SEO optimisation.
- Backlinking and keyword research.
- Create accounts on respective social media platforms.
- Research new social media platforms and how best to use them for our clients.
- Research groups on various social media platforms where our clients can post their content.
- Prepare month-end stats including newsletter- and web stats.
- Accurately monitor and report task durations.
- Follow direction and contribute to the team.
Does this excite you? Then click on apply now and send your application to us.
A successful apprenticeship is 1000 hours or 6 months full time. You can also opt for 6 or 4 hours a day and take 9 months or a year to complete. After this amount of time, you will be able to work as a digital marketing manager for any small company and will receive a letter of recommendation for this role. You will also receive certificates for sub-sections of the courses you will be taking.
Please note: this is a work from home position.